I designed a custom hook to hold a Dyson V8 head, in order to keep it off the floor.
I used steel rulers and a calipers to work out the length, width and angle that I needed the hook to be.
I filleted the edge and put a large fillet between the hook and the body.
I also put two holes into the body for screws and chamfered them to make it neater.
In order to check the design I let the printer, print the first 2mm so that I could check the profile with the Dyson head.
Originally the hook was too long so it was just as well I did this and I shortened the hook.
The hook took 5.5 hours to print.
This was with 20% infill if you reduce the infill it would print quicker but the part will be weaker and I needed the hook to be strong.
The Dyson head fit perfectly onto the hook.
The SolidWorks files and the STL files are available on Thingiverse here.
The angle and length of the hook can be easily changed in SolidWorks to accommodate other items too.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask,